Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fitness talk

Hello all,

Well, I have to admit that I've never been very fit.  I've always struggled with exercise...mainly because at my core I've got a fair amount of laziness.  Hows that for honesty?  Well, this week I decided to push myself with my running.  Normally I'll mostly walk with a little bit of running.  I've always struggled to run more than a half mile and had heard of people experiencing a "runners high", which I couldn't even fathom.  Well, I was talking with my cousin about exercise and he mentioned something when I brought up the subject of that elusive "runners high"...pace...he said he could run for eight or more miles at ~7 or 8 mph.  He said that if he slowed it down or sped it up that he couldn't last.

So this week I decided to push myself and try to find "my speed"...well, I believe I've found it.  I was able to run 1.5 miles at 5.5 mph on Monday.  Then yesterday I was able to run for 1.75 miles at 6 mph.  Today I was able to run 2 miles at 6.2 mph.  The worst thing I can say is that my thighs, calves, and shins are super sore but I was still able to run with no problems.  My breathing was actually fine, which I've never been able to say.  I really think this pace thing is the whole key to being able to run for any sort of distance.

I'll update you guys on my progress but hopefully it will be nothing but positive.

Thanks,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment